A Month in Pictures – February 2018

The second month roles by and it seems to be the month of franchises, with Star Wars, Dr. Who and Batman all being represented.

I’m happy with the progress I made this month. Nothing to really challenge myself, or an attempt at a new technique though, so I need to ensure I pursue this in March.

Let’s take a look at all of the models I painted this month…

Painted in February: 22

Total painted in 2018: 39

 

Advertisements

A Month in Pictures – January 2018

So the new year has arrived and I wanted to add a wee progress marker to the blog each month, so I can take stock of how much mini’s I actually get through in a year. It’s also so I can track my progress, particularly in regards to the hobby goals I’m giving myself(more on that another time), and see how far I can push myself.

Let’s take a look at all of the models I painted this month…

Painted Model Count: 17

Total to Date: 17

Star Wars Armada – Imperial Squadrons!

Today I’m going to share a few pictures of all of the Imperial Squadrons I have painted up so far. A few I painted up in standard Imperial colours before I’d decided on a scheme for my fleet…

but a few others are in the fleet colours…

The idea was for generic pilots to be flying in red ships and any unique pilots to be flying around in white ships.

I’ve also painted up a few rogues to go alongside these…

As you can see I jumped on the bandwagon with the Firesprays! I don’t even feel guilty 🙂

Star Wars Armada – Imperial Fleet

Fleet-2

So I’ve been playing a lot of Armada recently and after a long while of using grey triangles I wanted to spice them up a bit. Now those that know know I’m a bit of a Star Wars geek and the idea of Star Destroyers being anything other than Imperial White hurts my head a little bit. It took a long time for me to convince my self that it was a good idea to throw some red stripes on my ships, but I’m glad I did.

I think it’s nice and bold and stands out from the crowd. I still wanted them to look like the classic Imperial ships, but with a wee bit of colour added and felt red would be the most suitable. I’m still toying with adding the ship names in aurebesh somewhere on the hulls, but am most likely to just leave them as is. Most of the markings were done with masking and airbrush, but then highlighted with some brushwork. The symbols were done with stencils, which I picked up from ProTech Models. So take a look at some more images of this lot and let me know what you think….