Had a blast stepping back into Underworlds to paint the amazing Ylthari’s Guardians.
It might only be 4 models but boy are they characterful. Par for the course with the underworld range, it still surprises me how individual each model feels whilst still being strongly cohesive with the rest of the team. I really want to paint some more! For now take a look at the models below…
That’s the first part of my recent Alchemist team commission done and dusted and I’m very pleased with how they came out. Always a good feeling at the end of a commission, although a little bitter sweet as I now have to send them off to their rightful home. Here’s some more images of them, and as usual I would love to hear what you think…
These combined with the Union players I did a few months back have been enough to tip the scales. I’m now definitely going to be getting a Guild Ball team to call my own and I have my eye on the Fisherman Guild.
For the Guild Ball Alchemist commission i have been working on the client was also looking to have a themed goal made up for the team. This was honestly a pretty daunting task when the initial idea was laid out, but turned out to be one of my favourite parts of the job and the one part I think I am most proud of.
The idea was to have an overturned alchemists table as the actual goal, with some potions scattered about and a banner to make it clearly visible and offer a nice area for symbols and the like. Over and above this I added some metal bars on either side of the table to offer a bit more visually but also to fill some empty space. I hope it comes across in the finished product, but they are supposed to represent lead bars on one side and gold on the other, a nod to the most famous pursuit of alchemists.
I hope you enjoy it and would love to hear your thoughts. In the mean time have some more pictures….
I’ve decided to post a wee gallery at the end of each month to show a roundup of the hobby prohjects I’ve completed in that time. This is so people will be able to get a look at everything in one place, but also to give me an idea of what I’m getting through. I’m also looking to try at least one new hobby method each month, such as the icicles I tried this month, to add to my hobby skills and hopefully this will encourage me a bit more.
So without further ado, here’s what I’ve done this month…
Just got cracking into a commission for an Inquisitor to represent the clients roleplaying character and it couldn’t of come at a better time 🙂
I’ve just started rereading the Eisenhorn/Ravenor series and every time I do I always want to paint up some inquisition, any inquisition. The job at hand called for some slight conversion to the classic witchhunter model, one that happens to have been sitting in my bits box for a few years. So I got him out and set to it. The client was looking for him to be armed with a power sword and a purgatus crossbow. The sword was fairly easy, just requiring finding one that looked suitably epic and getting it in place, the crossbow was another matter. I tried to find some images for the blighter but only came up with one, luckily it came alongside a description:
“More advanced Crossbows are also utilized by the InquisitionsOrdo Hereticus, and have become a symbol of their order. Known as the Purgatus Crossbow, it is a fusion of a Boltgun and a standard crossbow and is able to fire with more force than a Shotgunblast. However, it is its ammunition that is the true marvel; heavy wood and silver stakes inscribed with wards and runes designed to disrupt a creature’s contact with the Warp, making it an excellent weapon to hunt Psykers“
This gave me a good basis for how to build it; a boltgun fused with a crossbow. Here’s what I came up with…
I think it looks suitably badass 😀
Next up is the painting, with the client supplying an image of the kind of look he would like me to go for…
My first job of the new year, and it’s back to my beloved Marauders :D.
I have a client that’s looking to have a full team painted (5 Guards, Keeper, 8 Jacks and 2 prone markers), and is looking for them in the same colours as the Red Scorpions Space Marine Chapter. So over the last couple of days I’ve been working on the grey armour to get things started…
I achieved what I have here using the following paints:
Full coat of Ironhill Grey (P3)
Wash of Drakenhof Nightshade (GW)
Highlight of Ironhill Grey (P3)
Highlight of Codex Grey (GW)
Fine edge highlight of Fortress Grey (GW)
Now it’s onto a dirty yellow to get a wee bit of colour on these guys 🙂