Guild Ball Alchemist Commission in Progress

I’ve recently been painting up a Guild Ball Alchemists team for a client and thought I would show off a little of the progress.

The job called for the painting of Midas, Compound, Vitriol, Flask, Mercury, Calculus, a ball, the scatchbuilding of a themed goal and some scenery crates to go alongside the team. So far I have been focusing on the models and here’s how they are looking so far…


As you can see I have most of the miniatures completed aside from adding the few finishing touches to the bases. I have to say that Steamforged Games have done a fantastic job on these minis. Each one is packed with character, and so many little details that not only bring them to life but also make them a joy to paint. Really looking forward to painting more of their stuff.

I also have done the crates, which I’m very pleased with….


Next up is giving them a varnish, finishing the bases and then onto a themed goal 🙂

Dreadball – Veer-myn Commission Almost Done!

With only the numbers needing to be added, the Veer-myn team is just about finished. Here’s how they are looking…

Group Guards-4 Guards-5 StrikersA-4 StrikersA-5 StrikersB-5 StrikersB-6

These guys have been a lot of fun, and I have a new found appreciation for Veer-myn as a whole, I can’t wait for these guys to show up in Deadzone now.

Dreadball – Skittersneak Stealers Commission Progress!

Painting has begun on my latest commission, a team of Veer-myn. So far I’ve got them undercoated and started wok on the armour. Here’s how they look so far…

Stealers-2 StrikersA-1 StrikersB-1 Guards-1

I have noticed a fair amount of mold lines, especially with the hep of these pictures, so the next stage is to go back and get them cleaned off(Restik can be such a pain :/). Luckily the vast majority are on areas that have yet to have any paint applied, which makes things much simpler. Following that I’ll be looking to get some basecoats down on all of the other colours after adding a bit of shading to the armour 🙂

Dreadball – Veer-myn Commission!

I’ve got a new commission kicking off this week, a Veer-myn team for Dreadball…


In addition to the standard team box the client is also after a Reek Rolat, who is one beast of a rat…

ReekThese guys will be getting done up in the Skittersneak Stealers colours, which will be interesting for me as it’s been a while since I’ve done an ‘official’ colour scheme. Looking forward to it though 🙂

Dreadball – Commission Extras!

As part of the Marauder commission the client was also looking to have the Refbot and 2 balls painted. The Refbot ended up very similar to my own one, which in itself is very similar to the official scheme…

Ref & Balls

Ref & Balls

The balls I decided to do as one as close to the official scheme as possible, but have the other one as a team ball. I think this will work really well when combined with their own pitch to give a cohesive look to the whole thing 😀

Dreadball – Marauder Commission Finished!

The final touches have been added to the Marauders and the bases completed, so here are the completed Badmoon Bombers…

The Badmoon Bombers Front

The Badmoon Bombers Front

The Badmoon Bombers Back

The Badmoon Bombers Back

Also as part of the commission the client was looking for a reworking of the Silver Centurions pitch, and here’s the current progress on that…


Badmoon Bombers Pitch

I’ve just got to get some images of the Ref and the 2 Balls to go with this lot and that should be the commission done and dusted (unless the client is wanting any alterations :)). That also means I’m free for any other commissions people may be after, so get in touch at 😀

Dreadball – Marauder Commission Almost Done!

With the numbers added and straps done the Marauders are almost done :D! All they need now is the bases sorted (Hazard stripes for those) and something done with the small strip on the Guards shoulder guards. Although at the moment I’m still unsure as to what I want to do on those, whilst I ponder take a look…







Prone Markers

Prone Markers

As you can see I went for red digital number plates on these guys, and I’m pleased with how they turned out. On the prones I thought it would be cool to have them displaying a digital error message to get across they’ve been hit so hard even the electronics in their suit are malfunctioning 🙂