Deadzone – Dreadball Pitch Terrain!

An idea struck me whilst I was making up the Antenocitis Billboards and adding the Dreadball poster in particular. What if there where street style Dreadball pitches, like you see in basketball and football in real life? Not something like used in Xtreme, but something used by the kids and adults alike of the cities and colonies. With that in mind I set out to try and figure out the best way to make something like that and discovered this on Antenocitis Workshop:

Plasticard-Hex

This would work really well to get the main shape onto a base. I had a couple of wooden backs from frames lying about, intended for basing some terrain, so cut one to the size I wanted, 3 x 2 cubes or 9″ x 6″. With that base size in place I had a limit to the size of the pitch and how much of the above to cut into shape and size, I wanted it a little smaller than the base so I could add a few extra bits around the edges, specifically some barriers and some strike posts. Using some of the Antenocitis barriers, a few bits of Deadzone terrain, metal tubing and a wee bit of guitar string, this is what I came up with…

Dreadball-Pitch

It looks a little small when compared with the size of the figures, but I think any larger and it would take up way too much space on the board, and I think at the end of the day it does what it’s supposed to do- add a characterful piece of terrain to the board, something that makes it look like people did at one time or another live and play in the Deadzone 🙂

Now to get the blighter painted 😀

Advertisements

Dreadball – Veer-myn Numbering!

The final stage for the Veer-myn was adding the numbering, neither me or the client had a good idea as to where we were gonna go with this so I set out to test out a couple of things…

Jpeg Jpeg Jpeg

The first 3 I tried out, from top to bottom, where a simple scratched on number over the base grey using a deep brown for the number, a white number over the orange used on the shoulder pads and finally the same as the top but with silver inside the scratches. The top one seemed to be the favorite of both me and the client, but it needed something more…

Jpeg Jpeg

At the clients request I tried it out with an orange stripe on a white background, and the same stripe on the original grey background. The client preffered the look of the whte background, so that’s what I went with…

StrikersB StrikersA Guards

The only one done any differently was Reek Rolat, who had the grey background, to tie in with his shoulder guards…

Reek-RolatUnfortuanatley the client still wasn’t keen on them, and decided he would like to have the transfers on them instead. So off to the local shop I went and picked some up 🙂

Here’s how the finished product looks…

Numbers Numbers2 Numbers3 Numbers4

Had to re-jig some of the numbers, as there wasn’t enough on the trasfer sheets. But got there in the end 🙂

Dreadball – Skittersneak Stealers Commission Progress!

Painting has begun on my latest commission, a team of Veer-myn. So far I’ve got them undercoated and started wok on the armour. Here’s how they look so far…

Stealers-2 StrikersA-1 StrikersB-1 Guards-1

I have noticed a fair amount of mold lines, especially with the hep of these pictures, so the next stage is to go back and get them cleaned off(Restik can be such a pain :/). Luckily the vast majority are on areas that have yet to have any paint applied, which makes things much simpler. Following that I’ll be looking to get some basecoats down on all of the other colours after adding a bit of shading to the armour 🙂