That’s the last addition to my starting Rebs strike team done and dusted, and here she is…
With the strike team finished I’m lookinf forward to getting in a few games with them, but it also means I need to get cracking with the scenery. Don’t want to be playing on grey plastic buildings with these guys for too long 🙂
Now it’s onto the final model for my starting Rebs force, the giant teleporting turtle….
I’ll be following much of the same colour scheme for the Interceptors on this one as this is the closest model in relation to them. I will be keeping the red to a minimum however, as I’ve done with the rest of the Rebs 🙂
I’ve not had a lot of time to paint over the last few weeks, what with gearing up for Christmas and a few extra hours at my other job, but I’ve slowly been getting a little work done on the Teratons here and there when I can. I’ve now got the flesh to a stage where I’m happy to say it’s completed…
I think it contrasts really nicely with the light armour, and am especially pleased with how the striped effect work out, giving a more reptilian look :D. I have been distracted by some Deadzone minis over the last couple of days(more on them soon), but hoping to get more work done on these guys soon. Still trying to decide what I would like the detailing colour to be for them, but am thinking blue or orange, or one for the guards another for the jacks, time to ponder some more….
I started a few testers for Deadzone last week in the form of some enforcers, and unfortunately just couldn’t find a scheme that I was happy with for them. Luckily one of them caught my eye as the perfect colours for the Teratons that have been sitting in a case for a few weeks, so I got cracking into them…
I decided to try out some salt masking on these guys as I wanted a very used look to their armour and I think it came out very nicely. To do this I followed these steps:
1. I painted the whole model with a 2:1 mix of Doombull Brown and Trollslayer Orange
2. Applied a coat of hairspray(just bog standard cheap stuff) and before it was dry sprinkled some salt over the areas I wanted chipping.
3. Once the previous coat was dry I airbrushed over a coat of Rakkarth Flesh, followed by a lighter spray of Menoth White Highlight
4. I applied a good amount of warm water over the models and let them sit for five minutes, I then went over them with a brush carefully removing the salt.
5. Finally I applied highlights with White Scar, focusing on catching the bottom of each chip.
Next up will be the flesh, which as you can see in the image of the guards I’ve already got an idea of where I want to go with it, good old turquoise :D. Not only did I have the team to do, also lots of extras…
I also thought I’d get some use out of the prize I received from the recent Dreadball tournament by making him into the Coach for the Teratons, which I’ll be doing with Gabe as well(for the Zee’s once I get back to them :))