I started a few testers for Deadzone last week in the form of some enforcers, and unfortunately just couldn’t find a scheme that I was happy with for them. Luckily one of them caught my eye as the perfect colours for the Teratons that have been sitting in a case for a few weeks, so I got cracking into them…
I decided to try out some salt masking on these guys as I wanted a very used look to their armour and I think it came out very nicely. To do this I followed these steps:
1. I painted the whole model with a 2:1 mix of Doombull Brown and Trollslayer Orange
2. Applied a coat of hairspray(just bog standard cheap stuff) and before it was dry sprinkled some salt over the areas I wanted chipping.
3. Once the previous coat was dry I airbrushed over a coat of Rakkarth Flesh, followed by a lighter spray of Menoth White Highlight
4. I applied a good amount of warm water over the models and let them sit for five minutes, I then went over them with a brush carefully removing the salt.
5. Finally I applied highlights with White Scar, focusing on catching the bottom of each chip.
Next up will be the flesh, which as you can see in the image of the guards I’ve already got an idea of where I want to go with it, good old turquoise :D. Not only did I have the team to do, also lots of extras…
I also thought I’d get some use out of the prize I received from the recent Dreadball tournament by making him into the Coach for the Teratons, which I’ll be doing with Gabe as well(for the Zee’s once I get back to them :))