Work on the jetbike has been complete, apart from one minor addition to the base, and here it is:
Just a quick picture update on the White Scars Jetbike today to show off some of the details added:
Today I have been working on the sword, cloak, animal skin and face on the White Scars jetbike. I managed to finish all of them off other than the face and some final touches to the animal skin and here are the results:
I’m particularly pleased with how the sword has turned out and chose the colours in order to match the Kor’sarro Khan I did earlier in the year for the same client. This was done by blening from blackto naggaroth purple, then to genestealer purple to white. In regards to the animal skin, I decided to do this in a semi leopard pattern, as I think this suits the White Scars more than a standard grey or brown affair you’d find on say a Space Wolf. I still think this needs a little work just to pull the colour out a little bit more. Next up is soem more work on the face. hair and beard as so far I have only laid down the base colours for these.
In other news I received a couple of MVPs as part payment for the Dreadball robots commission, so I’ll be painting these up alongside the Enforcer once the jetbike is done 😀
I’m happy to report that painting has begun on the White Scars jetbike, and this is what I have so far:
I’ve decided to leave the white until last, as it’s too easy to mess it up if done before many of the other details. Especially with a colour like red being involved. So next up will be getting that aforementioned red looking a bit nicer than it is, and getting on with all the details 😀
Finished the final wee details required for the construction of the jetbike, such as adding the head, a few tweeks on the positioning on the right arm and a wee bit of fur wrapped around the torso. And here he is:
Now its time to get painting him 😀
I’m now onto my next commission which will be the Sameal on jetbike model converted up to be a counts as White Scars Captain.
I began work today on taking away any Dark Angels symbols and replacing them with White Scars lighting bolts. I decide the book across the front wouldn’t fit in, and after rummaging through the old bits box found the Space Marine combat shield to be a great fit, so one green stuff lightning bolt later, I had the perfect replacement. I also knew the torso would need to completely replaced, as there where too many DA symbols in hard to get to places, and wanted to make sure he looked a wee bit more unique.
Next up is the head, I’m thinking one of the marine heads with a top knot added and some good old mongolian-esque facial hair should make it look the part 😀