Necromunda – Underhive Base Painting Guide

I wanted to share how I achieved the bases for my Necromunda models. I wanted something a little distinct from the usual metal bases and what better way to do that than ancient rusted up bases. I also added a wee touch of spot colour, with the green ooze under the grates.

I started with a black undercoat to get things started, but here’s how I cheived the rest…

I began with a basecoat of Mournfang Brown.

This was followed by a heavy drybrush of Skrag Brown.

Then apply a lighter drybrush of Deathclaw Brown.

Apply an edge highlight to all the hard edges and stipple small amounts over the flat areas.

Make a mix of 1 part Moot Green to around 3 parts water and flood the grating up to the level of the higher lip.

Make a mix of 1 part Gauss Blaster Green and 3 parts water. This time use the mix to flood only each individual section.

Make a mix of 1 part Guass Blaster Green and 1 part Ceramite White. Apply carefully down the centre of each rectangle and along the edges.

Apply a light glaze of Waywatcher Green.

Apply a layer of Abaddon Black to the rims.

I used Kromlech’s Soot Black pigment to add a touch of weathering to finish off the bases.

You should now have some funky bases for your gangers. I’ll be back soon with some more ideas on how to base your gangs.

Dreadball – Z’zor Finished!

That’s another team under my belt and ready to play. Almost? Even though they are pretty much done, theres still a couple of things I need some time to ponder over, first up is a name(which I always struggle with) and secondly the bases. I’ve gone for white on them cos I wanted them to be playing on a shiny, white tiled surface such as you would find in a lab as the idea is they are specimens from a lab put into the dreadball arenas to generate funds for the “company”. Just not sure if it looks right or whether I want ot add a coat of gloss over the top? But anyway, here they are:

Jacks Front

Jacks Front

Jacks Back

Jacks Back

Strikers Front

Strikers Front

Strikers Back

Strikers Back

Guard Front

Guard Front

Guard Back

Guard BackLet me know what you think?

Let me know what you think?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dreadball – More Z’zor!

Heres another wee update on the Z’zor and the extra details I’ve added. Got the eyes and the reds done and dusted, but only just got the Turqouise bits started:

Z'zor Jacks WIP

Z’zor Jacks WIP

Z'zor Strikers WIP

Z’zor Strikers WIP

Z'zor Guard WIP

Z’zor Guard WIP

After I’ve finished off the Turquoise all thats really needing done is the numbers on their backs some final touch ups, and the clear hexes. I had an idea of what I wanted to do for the hexes, which was a thin strip of green with red at the centre. This ones a little wonky, and needs a little clean up, but you should get the idea 🙂

Z'zor base test

Z’zor base test

Dreadball – Z’zor update!

Back to the painting :D. I’m back to the hobby after a couple of weeks of extra normal work, and getting stuck into the third of my Dreadball teams, the Z’zor, and here’s how they’re looking:

Z'zor Jacks

Z’zor Jacks

Z'zor Strikers

Z’zor Strikers

Z'zor Guard

Z’zor Guard

I’m very pleased with how they’re coming along, with the main addition above and beyond the tester being the red in the joins. I think this helps tie the whole lot together quite nicely :). Still have a fair amount of work to put into these guys, and will be looking to get the turquoise armour sections, the reds and the eyes finished off for tomorrow…

Warhammer 40k – White Scars Jetbike Progress!

Today I have been working on the sword, cloak, animal skin and face on the White Scars jetbike. I managed to finish all of them off other than the face and some final touches to the animal skin and here are the results:

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

White Scars Jetbike WIP

I’m particularly pleased with how the sword has turned out and chose the colours in order to match the Kor’sarro Khan I did earlier in the year for the same client. This was done by blening from blackto naggaroth purple, then to genestealer purple to white. In regards to the animal skin, I decided to do this in a semi leopard pattern, as I think this suits the White Scars more than a standard grey or brown affair you’d find on say a Space Wolf. I still think this needs a little work just to pull the colour out a little bit more. Next up is soem more work on the face. hair and beard as so far I have only laid down the base colours for these.

In other news I received a couple of MVPs as part payment for the Dreadball robots commission, so I’ll be painting these up alongside the Enforcer once the jetbike is done 😀

Dreadball MVP's

Dreadball MVP’s