I wanted to share how I achieved the bases for my Necromunda models. I wanted something a little distinct from the usual metal bases and what better way to do that than ancient rusted up bases. I also added a wee touch of spot colour, with the green ooze under the grates.
I started with a black undercoat to get things started, but here’s how I cheived the rest…
I began with a basecoat of Mournfang Brown.
This was followed by a heavy drybrush of Skrag Brown.
Then apply a lighter drybrush of Deathclaw Brown.
Apply an edge highlight to all the hard edges and stipple small amounts over the flat areas.
Make a mix of 1 part Moot Green to around 3 parts water and flood the grating up to the level of the higher lip.
Make a mix of 1 part Gauss Blaster Green and 3 parts water. This time use the mix to flood only each individual section.
Make a mix of 1 part Guass Blaster Green and 1 part Ceramite White. Apply carefully down the centre of each rectangle and along the edges.
Apply a light glaze of Waywatcher Green.
Apply a layer of Abaddon Black to the rims.
I used Kromlech’s Soot Black pigment to add a touch of weathering to finish off the bases.
You should now have some funky bases for your gangers. I’ll be back soon with some more ideas on how to base your gangs.