Warhammer 40k – Basilisk Finished!

Finished up on the Bassy today, and here she is:

Basilisk Complete

Basilisk Complete

Basilisk Complete

Basilisk Complete

Couldn’t come up with a good design for either side of the gun, so decided it was best to leave it blank. For now. If I do have some inspiration I may come back and add something at a later date.

I also got crackin’ into my next commission today, and here’s a wee sneak peak:

Next Commission

Next Commission

Advertisements

Warhammer 40K – Basilisk Progress

Added a few more touches to the Basilisk today:

Armageddon pattern Basilisk WIP

Armageddon pattern Basilisk WIP

Armageddon pattern Basilisk WIP

Armageddon pattern Basilisk WIP

Still think the armour needs a little bit more work, and would like to add a decal to either side of the gun as with the previous one, but am unsure as to what to do. I don’t want this to be a straight imitation of the last one, so I’m definitely not repeating the pattern. Have to have a good Thought Orgy and see what I can come up with 😀

Hydra’s Finished!

This afternoon has been spent getting the last bits and bobs on the Hydra’s done, which means they are now done and dusted 😀

Completed Hydra's

Completed Hydra’s

Completed Hydra's

Completed Hydra’s

Will be getting a few more detailed images of them over the next few days, individual shots from all sides and such 🙂 Then it’s on to the next project (still making up my mind as to what that will be :-/)

Hydra Progress Update 2!

More work has been done on the Hydra’s this week, with the main hull and metals done, and the red started.

Hydra's WIP

Hydra’s WIP

Hydra's WIP

Hydra’s WIP

Once the red is complete it’s only the details and adding some dirt to the tracks to do, so should be complete fairly soon. Then its onto an option of things, might be a dreadball team, more Tau or even something completely random…

Hydra Progress Update!

I now have a good start on the hydra’s, the main hull colour and the battle damage are just about done:

Hydra's WIP

Hydra’s WIP

Hydra's WIP

Hydra’s WIP

I’ve used a common method of salting for the battle damaged, and found it a lot easier the more tanks I’ve done. The basic process is as follows;

  • Apply undercoat, once dry paint the hull the colour you want showing through. In the instance of these tanks I’ve gone for an orangy/brown rusty colour.
  • Then its a coat of hairspray whilst applying salt, this not only helps the salt stick to the areas you want it, but also helps ensure the underlying colour does not scrub off.
  • Once dry it’s then time to apply the main hull color, black in this case, and highlight it up.
  • Again, once dry, its time to scrub off the salt. I used an old toothbrush and some warm water for this.
  • Once this is done you have what is pictured above (hopefully ;)).

I have noticed a few deposits of salt still left, so going to do a bit more scrubbing today and then get on with the next stage 😀