Popped the last few details onto DBR7 this afternoon. Added a few things to the back, as the photos from yesterday showed it as a little bare, also took the opportunity to clean up a few of the white sections. Pleased with the results, and got to thinking whilst painting him how he would make an excellent Coaching Staff for the robot team :). Anyway, onto photos:
Let me know what you think 😀
Got blasted into an addition to the robot team today in the form of DBR7 “Firewall”. I decided I was gonna do him in the opposite colours to the team (white with red stripes), in order for him to both stand out and fit in :). This is what I’ve come up with so far…
DBR7 “Firewall” WIP
DBR7 “Firewall” WIP
DBR7 “Firewall” WIP
It kinda worked out as being very similar for what I’m doing for the human team :), and made me all the more assured that it is a good direction.
As always let me know what you think 😀
The robot team is now complete, other than the clear hexes, and here they are:
Robot Jacks Back
Only have numbers on the Jacks, as with swapping in and out there’s not much point to having them on the Guards and Strikers, unless you have the same amount of each of these as you have jacks.
Next up for Dreadball I’m going to be painting numbers on the bases for the Gamma Slammers, as it’s fairly difficult to make out the digital displays whilst playing. Especially if your in the usual dark gamer dungeon we seem to play most of our games :D. I’ve also started on what will be my next team, the Z’zor:
I’m wanting to go for a praying mantis vibe with these guys, as I not only think this will look awesome, it also gives me the opportunity to paint a fairly vibrant team.
Work has been progressing on the robots and here they are;
Guards & Strikers WIP
The idea at present is to have the eye and glowy bits of each variety a different colour, which should make it a bit more obvious as to which is which. So Blue for the Jacks, Green for the Strikers and Red for the Guards. I’ve started this off on them but obviously it still needs a bit more work, as does the red team stripes. I’m hoping that I should be able to make some good progress on this tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled for the next update.
In other news the Gamma Slammers have had their 10 game winning streak broken by the Playa H8ters :(, who have also now stolen the top spot in the league. It was a damn good game but I was completely outmaneuvered the whole way through. I went for a very bashy game as this is what has worked for me before, but the Veer-myn’s prominence of strikers, which the coach utilised to their full potential, ran circles around me. I did however manage to retain my kill streak, with another 2 deaths caused by my Guards :D. The league organiser gave a very apt write up which you can find here: https://www.facebook.com/edinburghdreadball
Although I lost I still managed to get another of the guards up to level 3 and spent a coaching dice to roll on the Extra Coaching table. Rolling a 6 meant that I got to choose anything I wanted so opted for Grizzled. This is a fantastic ability, meaning the opponant loses an extra dice when performing a slam or slamback against this player. After analysing this match I think I’m going to have to give my jacks a bit of a push next time, not only to level them up, but to get a bit of a different game.
You can check out the league table here: http://dreadballedinburgh.leaguerepublic.com/l/standingsForDate/51755152/2/-1/-1.html
Began painting the first of my Dystopian Wars fleet this afternoon, and thought I’d start of small with the few Galen class escorts I have. I knew straight off the bat that I wanted to stick to fairly cold colours across the models (they do hail from Antarctica after all), and that I wanted the main hull to be dark blue with a whity/creamy camo stripe effect. So set about getting some paint on these to see how it looked (I’ve had a few colour schemes in the past that looked great in my head, but in reality sucked big time), and was so pleased with the first one I got the others up to the same stage…
Galen class escorts WIP
I really am chuffed to bits with how they turned out, and am glad I’ve got the main colours down so early as it usually takes a whole load of mmmm’ing and aaah’ing before I settle on a colour scheme.
Not quite as exciting due to yesterdays update, but I have got all the robots up to the same stage now:
Chromium Chargers WIP
These guys have been fairly simple so far with just the metals that where there when I got them, which I believe to be leadbelcher, with a nuln oil wash. Then a coat of fortress grey (leaving the recesses dark). Simple 😀