Warhammer 40K – Basilisk Progress

Added a few more touches to the Basilisk today:

Armageddon pattern Basilisk WIP

Armageddon pattern Basilisk WIP

Armageddon pattern Basilisk WIP

Armageddon pattern Basilisk WIP

Still think the armour needs a little bit more work, and would like to add a decal to either side of the gun as with the previous one, but am unsure as to what to do. I don’t want this to be a straight imitation of the last one, so I’m definitely not repeating the pattern. Have to have a good Thought Orgy and see what I can come up with 😀

Advertisements

Warhammer 40K – New Basilisk Commission

Over the last few days, as well as painting more Dreadball than you can shake a stick at, I’ve began prepping the next Basilisk for the Death Korp army. Its now got all of the base colours in place, now its time to work on the rust 🙂

Image

Hydra’s Finished!

This afternoon has been spent getting the last bits and bobs on the Hydra’s done, which means they are now done and dusted 😀

Completed Hydra's

Completed Hydra’s

Completed Hydra's

Completed Hydra’s

Will be getting a few more detailed images of them over the next few days, individual shots from all sides and such 🙂 Then it’s on to the next project (still making up my mind as to what that will be :-/)

Hydra Progress Update 2!

More work has been done on the Hydra’s this week, with the main hull and metals done, and the red started.

Hydra's WIP

Hydra’s WIP

Hydra's WIP

Hydra’s WIP

Once the red is complete it’s only the details and adding some dirt to the tracks to do, so should be complete fairly soon. Then its onto an option of things, might be a dreadball team, more Tau or even something completely random…

Hydra Progress Update!

I now have a good start on the hydra’s, the main hull colour and the battle damage are just about done:

Hydra's WIP

Hydra’s WIP

Hydra's WIP

Hydra’s WIP

I’ve used a common method of salting for the battle damaged, and found it a lot easier the more tanks I’ve done. The basic process is as follows;

  • Apply undercoat, once dry paint the hull the colour you want showing through. In the instance of these tanks I’ve gone for an orangy/brown rusty colour.
  • Then its a coat of hairspray whilst applying salt, this not only helps the salt stick to the areas you want it, but also helps ensure the underlying colour does not scrub off.
  • Once dry it’s then time to apply the main hull color, black in this case, and highlight it up.
  • Again, once dry, its time to scrub off the salt. I used an old toothbrush and some warm water for this.
  • Once this is done you have what is pictured above (hopefully ;)).

I have noticed a few deposits of salt still left, so going to do a bit more scrubbing today and then get on with the next stage 😀

Tanks & Fireblade Update!

Little bit of painting, little bit of modelling today. Started to fill the gaps on the Hydras with some plasticard, and to give you an idea of the gap here’s before and after:

Before & After

Before & After

As you can see the plasticard does a rudimentary job, gonna need to do a wee bit of greenstuffing to smooth the whole thing over.

I also found myself distracted by the Cadre Fireblade, that’s been sitting on the table for a wee while now, and managed to add a few colours to the chap. Didn’t really realise how much of the model is armoured, this makes things a little easier on the model and means I can dedicate more on the cloak and the sept markings. These elements more than anything help to distinguish him from any old firewarrior. Anyway enough rambling, here’s a picture:

Cadre Fireblade

Cadre Fireblade

And just because they look cool :D, the tanks again:

Tanks!

Tanks!