Got the two sections of terrain up to a level I’m happy with now, and am glad that I tried a few things out on them first to know what to do differently with the rest 🙂
I now know to use a slightly larger grain of salt and a bit less of it. The wear and tear has ended up a little too fine on most of these, which is fine in one or two spots but not as much as on these. I also think the extra shading is neccessary to add a little more depth to the panels, but still trying to figure out at what stage I should do this at. Time for a ponder :).
A couple of other things I added to these, and I’m happy to replicate on the next lot are the blood splatter and broken windows….
I used the GW technical Blood for the Blood God for the splatter and have to say it’s a cracking paint. I used to use something similar in the past but it required a lot of mixing to get right. Much easier to take it straight out the pot :). The windows where made from some plastic packaging (came off some headphones iirc), cut to shape with some scissors. Its then fairly easy just to glue in place. It doesnt look as great from the other side, but most of the time the interiors are fairly difficult to see.
I’ll be working on the rest of the terrain next, and I’m going to go into a bit more depth as to how I’ve done every bit 🙂